Install a Smart, Water Saving Sprinkler System
Save Money with a Smart Water-Saving Sprinkler System
You’ve heard of smart phones and smart thermostats, but have you heard of smart water saving sprinkler systems? Just like the other smart technologies, this type of system is designed to cut down on wasteful usage and save you money. Here at T&B Landscape and Irrigation, we offer a wide variety of sprinkler systems for residential and commercial properties, including smart water-saving sprinkler systems to keep more money in your pocket and save the environment while you’re at it.
Taking simple steps to water your lawn wisely using water-efficient technologies can boost the efficiency of your home irrigation system with no extra effort or hassle on your part, says the. There are many components of a smart water-saving sprinkler system, including:
- Sprinkler heads that distribute water more efficiently than standard systems. Because rotary spray heads deliver a thicker stream of water as opposed to mist spray heads, your lawn and plants get the water they need with less water lost to wind and evaporation.
- Rainfall shutoff devices shut your system off when detecting rain to save on energy and money. In fact, you can add this device to your existing system. Smart rain sensors work in much the same way.
- Irrigation controllers: These weather-based irrigation controllers utilize local weather data to determine the best time of the day to water as well as for how long.
- Soil moisture sensors provide enough water for plants depending on their unique needs through measurements of how much moisture is present in the soil.
- Micro-irrigation systems: Also called drip systems, these systems feature lower volumes of water given directly to the roots, so factors like runoff and overspray are not an issue. They use 20 to 50 percent less water and can save the average homeowner about 30,000 gallons per year. They’re ideal for placement around trees, shrubs, and gardens.
Saving Money and the Earth Too
During the warm summer months, we all like to show off a green lawn to the neighbors. Not only is a green, well-manicured lawn beautiful, it can boost your curb appeal and offer a safe, comfortable place for children and pets to play. But watering those lawns comes at a great cost. Did you know that outdoor water usage can be as high as 70 percent of all the water we use during peak summer months? That’s a lot of water to waste, not to mention a lot of money. Cutting back on that usage with a smart sprinkler system can slash your water bills yet still provide a positive benefit to the surrounding environment.
Whether you need a system upgrade, spring start up, head repairs, or a smart water-saving sprinkler system installed from scratch, please give T&B a call to learn more at 844-825-2967. We’ve been in this business since 2003 when we opened our doors to provide top quality lawn care at a reasonable price to people in Andover and throughout the Merrimack Valley and beyond.